GENERAL DATA/PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
Changes to the Data Protection Policy of 1998, came into effect from the 25th May 2018. These changes are contained within the Data Protection Policy Act (DPA) 2018.
To fulfill our requirements as a business with regards to GDPR (General Data Protection Policy), it is our duty to inform you of the following.
- We only process personal information to enable us to provide the best possible health care to our patients. Records that this clinic holds about you may include the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, address, contact details.
- Any contact with the clinic has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, advice given over the phone or email or text
- Details about your treatment and care
- Relevant information from other health care professionals
- We use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure your information is kept confidential and secure. Our data and notes are stored via an online server called Cliniko, which is heavily encrypted, our consent forms are digitally uploaded to Cliniko and then disposed of and our emails are sent via an encrypted server or the Cliniko system.
- Your data is ONLY accessed only by members of staff and practitioners at LT Chiropractic to enable them to fulfill their duties at the clinic.
- Your data will only be used to contact you if you have given us permission to do so. For example, an email reminder to remind you of your appointment or a call/text with any changes to your appointment or emailing the clinic newsletter to you via Mailchimp
- We do not share your information with any other marketing agencies
- Your data will not be shared with any parties outside the clinic, unless there is a genuine need for it and you have given your consent. This may be your GP, dentist or other health care professionals, a solicitor or for court proceedings.
- We will not disclose any information about you to any third party without your written permission or in case of a child’s information the parental consent, unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations) or where the law requires information to be passed on.
- By law, medical records are retained for 7 years for an adult and 20 years as a minor. As long as you are an active patient in the clinic, we will need to retain your personal information.
- After the legal retention period has expired, electronic data will be deleted and paper records destroyed.
- You have the right to view your own records.
- You can change your preferences at any time.
Our principle chiropractor, Lisa Thomasson, is the data protection officer at LT Chiropractic. Should you have any concerns about how your information is managed or if you would like to change your preferences at the clinic, please contact Lisa
At The Studio, 37 Station Road (opposite M&S), Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 1QG